The 20m Fast Interceptor Craft (FIC) is a modern high-speed planing vessel, having an optimal deep-vee bottom hull shape, purpose designed and build in High Density Poly Ethylene to meet the stringent operational requirements of its clients, and regulatory and statutory requirements of Bureau Veritas and Malaysian flag authorities. This type of vessel is ideal for interception, patrols and search & rescue operations.
The 20m FIC is equipped with twin high-performance diesel inboard engines driving mixed flow waterjets, with speeds up to about 50 knots.
The fully air-conditioned and ballistically protected wheelhouse provides uninterrupted surrounding view and is fitted with 10 passenger and 3 crew shock suspension seats.
Right First Time, Every Time
C5i offers integral solutions by acquiring a deep understanding of specific mission requirements, subsequently tailoring the vessel design, effectively enabling operators to observe, pursuit and engage with suspects or hostile threats. To deliver this high-performance capability, C5i selects and acquires globally sourced high-quality equipment, systems and technology, and designs and manufactures the vessels under stringent quality assurance and survey of international classification society such as Bureau Veritas or RINA.
By following above standard procedures, C5i delivers Right First Time, Every Time.
Trouble Free, Low Cost of Ownership
C5i offers the Fast Interceptor Craft in the most durable, impact and wear resistant material available on the market, High Density Poly Ethylene (HDPE). This material offers superior characteristics compared to other construction materials like steel, aluminium, fibreglass and composites, such as:
1) AGE RESISTANT - Ultraviolet light rays, acid and water have a strong impact on steel, aluminium and fibreglass. On contrary, HDPE is saltwater and acid resistant, UV stable and does not suffer from fatigue cracking like aluminium, or brittleness like composites. HDPE is an age-resistant, non-corroding material, giving its clients a lifelong investment capable of lasting up to 50 years, a lifespan impossible to achieve with any other material
2) IMPACT RESISTANT - HDPE’s highly flexible and elastic properties, and robust construction, prevent deformation, cracking and rupture. HDPE has an impact resistance around 5 times better than fiberglass. It is quite difficult to severely damage a boat made out of HDPE as the inherent nature of the material is to flex on impact, it acts as a great shock absorber, particularly suited for mission critical applications
3) NO MARINE GROWTH - With an unpainted HDPE hull, you will hardly have to handle the problems with marine growth. Always a smooth bottom surface for the best performance, and no worries having to dock and repaint the hull every 2-3 years
4) SAFE & UNSINKABLE - The double bottom compartments of the hull are filled with approved buoyancy foam blocks, enabling positive stability even when damaged. This will allow the crew to continue its mission, or return to base safely in “limp mode”
5) GREEN SOLUTION - The carbon footprint of HDPE production is 5 times lower than aluminium, and HDPE can be recycled 100% and recycled into a new PE blend.
Tailoring (y)our Solution
Our HDPE boats are built 100% by hand, providing great flexibility and the ability to create a boat shaped exactly to your needs. This also includes installation of equipment such as engines, seats and storage. Particular aspects included in our offer are:
1) MANOEUVRABILITY – The powerful diesel waterjet propulsion offers a wide range of capabilities, such as fast acceleration and deceleration, quick turning, shallow water access without risk of damage to propellers or rudders
2) SEAKEEPING – The dynamically stabile, deep-vee hull shape and shock suspension seats enable the crew to sustain course and speed even in adverse sea conditions
3) ACCESS – HDPE is very robust, allowing access to shallow waters along the coast and in riverine areas, it’s even possible to beach the vessel, it is built to Last
4) VISIBILITY – Due to the nature of HDPE, its radar signature is very low, allowing for “stealth” operations if so required
5) PROTECTION – The wheelhouse is made out of proven lightweight sandwich composite material with embedded ballistic protection (NIJ III), enabling the crew to carry on its mission even under attack of insurgents, or abandon the hostile area safely
Sustainable In-Country Manufacturing and Support
C5i’s offer incorporates and all-inclusive maritime industrial development program, designing and manufacturing commercial, governmental and naval platforms globally for regional and export sales opportunities. We deliver our promise by doing the following:
1) KNOWLEDGE TRANSFER – C5i’s shipbuilding experts have proven capabilities and experience in transferring of all relevant skills and know-how to white- and blue-collar workers, quickly and efficiently, enabling them to build the FIC at high quality standards
2) IN-SERVICE SUPPORT – In addition to the above, C5i includes an intensive training and skills transfer program to the operating and maintenance team, and has highly skilled field technicians available 24/7, enabling a fleet of Fast Interceptor Craft to be available any time for mission critical deployment.
|Vessel type:||Patrol Boat|
|No. of engines:||2|
|Engine model:||MAN D2862-LE476 or equiv.|
|Cruising Speed:||35 Knots|
|Maximum Speed:||50 Knots|
|Length over all:||20m|
|Length at waterline:||18.25m|
|Fuel capacity:||6000 Litres|
|Water capacity:||500 Litres|
Whilst Global Work Boats tries to ensure that the specification listed on all vessels is true and correct, it can not guarantee this. All vessels listed outside Australia are listed at current exchange rates and are subject to fluctuation. The price should be confirmed upon enquiry.
Note: Indicated location is approximate general area only.