Trinidad Trinidad And Tobago|
|Website:||Open website in new window|
Recently retrofitted with 2 re-manufactured MTU 10V2000M72 Main Engines,
2 New Cummins Onan Generators 22.5MDKDT – 8207A
Main Engines Hours: 30
Generator Hours: 120
Cruising Speed: 22 Knots
Last Dry-docking: January 2019
Flag: St. Vincent and the Grenadines
Vessel Location: Trinidad W, I.
|Vessel type:||Crew Boat|
|Builder:||AUSTAL SHIPS PTY LTD|
|Model:||Crew Boat - Aluminum|
|Registry:||St. Vincent and The Grenadines|
|No. of engines:||2|
|Engine model:||MTU 10V2000M72|
|Drive type:||Water jet|
|Length over all:||21.30m|
|Keel type:||Twin Keel|
|Fuel capacity:||1800 Gallons|
|Water capacity:||200 Gallons|
Passengers: 28 Crew Seats
M.V. Aberffraw Bay, call sign J8QT5 has recently been Drydocked in January 2019. During
this time the vessel has been retrofitted with various equipment onboard.
Dry-Dock Work Includes:
- Blasting and repainting the Hull with Antifouling.
- Load-Line & Draught Markings were repainted.
- The replacement of the Main Engine’s sea chest valves.
- Raw water intake was cleaned.
- Sacrificial Anodes were replaced with new ones.
- The Water-Jets Intake were cleaned and serviced.
- Water-Jets Bucket was inspected.
- Water-Jets sacrificial anodes were replaced.
- Generator exhaust flaps were replaced.
- Ship’s Hull was inspected by the Flag State (St. Vincent and the Grenadines)
Aberffraw Bay’s scope of work continued after Dry-Docking and the following took place
Both Main Engines were replaced with re-manufactured engines.
- Two New Cummins Onan generators were installed.
- All emergency lights were replaced with new.
- Embarkation lights were replaced.
- New bilge float switches were installed.
- Anchor Winch was serviced.
- Fire Pumps serviced.
- Waterjets feedback unit was changed.
- Top & Main deck was sandblasted and repainted.
- A new air conditioning unit was installed in the passenger accommodation.
- A new V-Notch Type rubber fender was installed.
- The fender was also improved by installing sacrificial rubber sheets to prolong the lifespan.
- New spotlights were installed
- All radio equipment was surveyed and inspected by an Authorize Radio Inspector.
- 4 Life-rafts recently serviced were fitted.
- New wipers were installed.
- 2 new manual bilge pumps were installed.
- New raw water pump was installed for sewage. Intercom Unit was repaired.
- Cameras were re-wired and tested.
- New exhaust Lagging was installed on both Main Engines.
- Jet Space electricals was serviced.
- New Man-Overboard light and smoke were installed.
- New life-rings were installed.
- Fire detection system was upgraded.
Aberffraw Bay Scope of Work Offshore.
- The vessel went through several sea trials as part of the commissioning process for the main engines. The MTU dealer was satisfied with the
- Waterjets were calibrated.
- 22 knots cruising speed was achieved.
- All navigational equipment was tested offshore and proved to be in proper working condition.
Depth Sounder: Inter Offshore M3000
ECDIS: 2 x Furuno
Radar(s): 2 x Furuno 48 Mile
VHF: 2 x Furuno
SSB: 1 x SEA 222
Weather: Radio XM
Thermal Camera: Yes
Port Engine is currently a Reman Engine from MTU Reman Technologies GmbH in Magdeburg. The engine was installed and commissioned on August 2019.
Engine Model: MTU 10V2000M72
Engine Serial #: 532101315
Actual Engine Hours: 30
Starboard Engine was completely overhauled after 6000 hours
Engine Model: MTU 10V2000M72
Engine Serial #: 532101320
Actual Engine Hours: 20
Liferafts: 4 x 16 persons
Fire Pump: 1
Fire Extinguishers: 6
Fire Hose: 2
Life Buoys: 4
Life Jackets (Adults): 35
Fixed Extinguishing System (CO2)
Note: Indicated location is approximate general area only.