Apollo Duck Boat Archive
Orkney Vanguard 170
The Vanguard 170, easily trailed behing a family car and with space enough for the family and gear. The Nelson influenced hull with its deep forefoot and modified V sections ensures a dry comfortable ride whilst the easily driven lines provide impressive and economical performance.
The Vanguard 170: Stylish, easy to handle and beautifully built. A class leader
• Quality GRP construction for long life and low maintenance
• Big cockpit with underfloor stowage lockers
• Self draining cockpit with safe high coamings
• Built in buoyancy for maximum saftey
• Folding dodger and GRPcuddy option
• Easy to tow, easy to launch
• Elegant and robust stainless deck fittings
This little brother to the 190 is clearly that bit smaller all round, but has essentially the same shaped hull and layout with the split helm console configuration and, like the 190, plenty of stowage in the seat lockers forward. Our test boat was fitted with a 50hp outboard, the boat’s maximum rated horsepower, and the hull did not find this at all awkward to handle, delivering a lively 24 knots flat out.
Current used Orkney boats for sale - View All